Effects of drying potatoes (Solanum tuberosum L.) after harvest on the incidence of disease after storage
- 64 Downloads
Drying potatoes for 2 weeks after harvest decreased the severity of skin spot, silver scurf, black dot and black scurf after 20–26 weeks' storage at 5°C. Diseases were decreased more after early than late harvest.
Additional keywordsharvest date skin spot silver scurf black dot black scurf
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- Adams, M. J. & R. L. Griffith, 1978. The effect of harvest date and duration of wound healing conditions on the susceptibility of damaged potato tubers to infection byPhoma exigua (gangrene).Annals of Applied Biology 88: 51–55.Google Scholar
- Adams, M. J., G. A. Hide & D. H. Lapwood, 1980. Relationships between disease levels on seed tubers, on crops during growth and in stored potatoes. I. Introduction and black scurf.Potato Research 23: 201–214.Google Scholar
- Anon., 1987. The effect of relative humidity regimes during curing on weight loss, bacterial softrotting and silver scurf. In:Sutton Bridge Experimental Station Annual Review 1986, pp. 26–27. Potato Marketing Board.Google Scholar
- Anon., 1988. The effect of relative humidity regimes during curing on weight loss, bacterial sonrotting and silver scurf. In:Sutton Bridge Experimental Station Annual Review 1987, pp. 28–30. Potato Marketing Board.Google Scholar
- Hide, G. A., 1975. Effect of heat treatment of potato tubers onOospora pustulans.Plant Pathology 24: 233–236.Google Scholar
- Hide, G. A. & G. R. Cayley, 1987. Effects of delaying fungicide treatment and of curing and chlorpropham on the incidence of skin spot on stored potato tubers.Annals of Applied Biology 110: 617–627.Google Scholar
- Hide, G. A., J. M. Hirst & E. J. Mundy, 1969. The phenology of skin spot (Oospora pustulans Owen & Wakef.) and other fungal diseases of potato tubers.Annals of Applied Biology 64: 265–279.Google Scholar
- Spencer, D. & R. A. Fox, 1979a. The development ofRhizoctonia solani Kühn on the underground parts of the potato plant.Potato Research 22: 29–39.Google Scholar
- Spencer, D. & R. A. Fox, 1979b. Post-harvest development ofRhizoctonia solani Kühn on potato tubers.Potato Research 22: 41–47.Google Scholar