Effect of additive and carrier type on potato sprout suppression by dust formulations of tecnazene
- 16 Downloads
Tecnazene formulations, with kaolin and alumina as carriers respectively and with some containing Triton X-405 (15% w/w) or, Tween 80 (15% w/w) as additive, were applied on potatoes stored at 10°C and 15–18°C respectively. Tween 80 enhanced sprouting inhibition by alumina formulation while Triton X-405 reduced that with kaolin as carrier. Formulation with kaolin as carrier produced greater sprouting inhibition than that with alumina as carrier.
Additional keywords1,2,4,5-tetrachloro-3-nitrobenzene TCNB Triton X-405 Tween 80 alumina kaolin
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- Bakan, J. A., 1975. Microencapsulation of Pesticides and other Agricultural Materials. In: F. W. Harris (Ed.), Proceedings of the 1975 International Controlled Release Pesticide Symposium, State University of Dayton, Ohio, p. 76–94.Google Scholar
- Brown, W. 1947. Effect of chlorinated nitrobenzenes on the sprouting of potato tubers.Annals of Applied Biology 34: 422–429.Google Scholar
- Brown, W. & M. J. Reavill, 1954. Effect of tetrachloronitrobenzene on the sprouting and cropping of potato tubers.Annals of Applied Biology 41: 435–447.Google Scholar
- Nemec, J. W. & E. A. Nolan, 1968. Pesticidal formulation containing a complex of CaCO3 and SiO2. U.S. Patent 3, 194, 730 (13 July 1968).Google Scholar
- Oladimeji, M. O., W. D. Boyd, N. H. Stephen & H. J. Ducan, 1981. A rapid method for assessment of sprout suppressant formulations. abstract of Conference Papers 8th Triennial Conference European Association for Potato Research, München, 1981, p. 198–199.Google Scholar
- Reavill, M. J., 1954. Effect of certain chloronitrobenzenes on germination, growth and sporulation of some fungi.Annals of Applied Biology 41: 448–460.Google Scholar