Influence of thiobencarb and fluchloralin on the soil and rhizosphere microflora of potato
- 20 Downloads
Spray application at locally recommended rates of the herbicides thiobencarb and fluchloralin to potatoes reduced the rhizosphere and general soil microbial populations. Within 30 days the populations had generally recovered although there were some changes in the species composition of the fungal community that persisted until the final sample at harvest time.
Additional keywordsbacteria fungi herbicides Solanum tuberosum L.
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- Barnett, H.L. & B.B. Hunter, 1972. Illustrated Genera of Imperfect Fungi. 3rd ed. 241 pp. Burgess Publishing Company. Minneapolis.Google Scholar
- Catska, V. & J. Vrany, 1976. Rhizosphere microflora of wheat after foliar application of chlorocholine chloride, urea and 4-chloro-2 methyl phenoxyacetic acid.Folia Microbiologia 21: 268–273.Google Scholar
- Chen, Y.L., F.P. Lin, L.C. Chen & Y.S. Wang, 1981. Effects of herbicide butachlor on nitrogen transformation of fertilizers and soil microbes in water-logged soil.Journal of Pesticide Science 6: 1–7.Google Scholar
- Domsch, K.H., W. Gams & T.H. Anderson, 1980. Compendium of soil fungi. 839 pp. Academic Press, London.Google Scholar
- Johnson, L.F. & E.A. Curl, 1972. Methods for research on Ecology of Soil Borne Plant Pathogens. 247 pp. Burgess Publishing Company. Minneapolis.Google Scholar
- Kaufman, D.D., 1966. Microbial degradation of herbicide combination: amitrole and dalapon.Weeds 14: 130–134.Google Scholar
- Korpraditskul, R., C. Ratanagreetakul & V. Korpraditskul, 1989. Population dynamic of soil microorganisms in herbicide treated sugarcane field. (Abstract). In: U. Simidu (Ed.), Fifth International Symposium on Microbial Ecology. International Committee on Microbial Ecology, Kyoto, Japan.Google Scholar
- Martin, J.P., 1950. Use of acid, rose bengal and streptomycin in the plate method for estimating soil fungi.Soil Science 69: 215–232.Google Scholar
- Smirnova, V.I., 1963. The effect of herbicides on the devlopment of the microflora of corn rhizosphere.Agrobiology 1: 88–91.Google Scholar
- Subramanian, C.V., 1971. Hyphomycetes. An Account of Indian Species, exceptCercospora. 930 pp. Indian Council of Agricultural Research, New Delhi.Google Scholar
- Tu, C.M., 1981. Effects of pesticides on activities of enzymes and microorganisms in a clay soil.Journal of Environmental Science and Health B 16: 179–191.Google Scholar
- Wainwright, M., 1978. A review of the effects of pesticides on microbial activity in soils.Journal of Soil Science 29: 287–298.Google Scholar
- Zelles, L., Scheunert & F. Korte, 1985. Side effects of some pesticides on non-target soil microorganisms.Journal of Environmental Science and Health Series B, 20: 457–488.Google Scholar