The mechanics of a powder-drive water jet
- 19 Downloads
We consider the processes in a powder-drive pulse water jet in which the acceleration of the water shell occurs as the result of the energy from burning powder. The one-dimensional motion of the fluid is described in the nonstationary formulation, while the combustion of the powder is described in a quasistationary formulation. The barriers are assumed rigid. In a numerical solution that is presented we use the method of complete computation. For a specific structure of the cannon we give the results of numerical computations. We discuss a simplified approach for estimating the parameters of the apparatus. Four figures. Bibliography: 5 titles.
KeywordsBurning Numerical Computation Specific Structure Complete Computation Pulse Water
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 1.Sh. U. Galiev,Dynamics of Hydroelastoplastic Systems [in Russian], Kiev (1981).Google Scholar
- 2.G. A. Atanov,Hydropulse Devices for Breaking up Rock [in Russian], Kiev (1987).Google Scholar
- 3.G. A. Atanov, A. N. Semko, and Yu. D. Ukrainskii, “A study of the internal ballistics of a water cannon,”Izv. Akad. Nauk SSSR, Mekh. Zhidk. i Gaza, No. 4, 168–170 (1983).Google Scholar
- 4.B. V. Orlov, ed.Design of Rocket and Barrel Systems [in Russian], Moscow (1974).Google Scholar
- 5.G. A. Atanov, “Computation of the firing of a water cannon by the ‘explosion decay’ method,”Gidromekhanika, No. 30, 51–54 (1974).Google Scholar