Rayleigh waves in electrostrictive dielectric solids
- 25 Downloads
The possibility of the propagation of Rayleigh waves in an electrostrictive dielectric medium is investigated. It is shown that such waves can propagate, but they induce some body forces and surface tractions.
KeywordsMathematical Modeling Industrial Mathematic Body Force Rayleigh Wave Dielectric Medium
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- R. S. Krishnan,Progress in crystal physics (New York), Vol. 1, 1958.Google Scholar
- J. D. Stratton,Electromagnetic theory, London (1941).Google Scholar
- L. D. Landau and E. M. Lifshitz,Electrodynamics of continuous media, Pergamon Press, (1960). Sect. 12, pp. 55–56, sect. 16, pp. 69–72.Google Scholar
- R. J. Knops, (i)Electrostrictive deformation of composite dielectric, Brown University Report (1961).Google Scholar
- W. E. Warren and T. E. Smith, Some problems in two-dimensional electrostriction,J. Maths. Physics, 45, 1 (1966).Google Scholar