Application of the Mössbauer spectroscopy to the study of the oxidation state of azaferrocene derivatives
- 43 Downloads
Azaferrocene has two active sites of iron and nitrogen atoms. Drastic change of the oxidation state in iodine oxidation of azaferrocene is observed by introducing the methyl substituents into the pyrrole ring, while all the N-methylates show a similar electronic state. It was revealed that an introduction of methyl substituent to the pyrrole ring promotes the oxidation of nitrogen atom in pyrrole ring more than the central iron atom.
KeywordsOxidation Nitrogen Iron Spectroscopy Methyl
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 1.A. Togni, T. Hayashi (Eds), Ferrocenes VCH, Wheinheim, 1995.Google Scholar
- 3.M. Cesario, C. Giannotti, J. Guilhem, J. Silver, J. Zakrzewski, J. Chem. Soc., Dalton Trans., (1997) 47.Google Scholar
- 4.J. Zakrzewski, C. Giannotti, J. Chem. Soc., Chem. Commun., (1993) 1109.Google Scholar
- 6.J. Zakrzewski, Bull. Soc. Chim. Belg., 99 (1990) 357.Google Scholar
- 8.J. A. Kramer, D. N. Hendrickson, Inorg. Chem., 19 (1980) 3330.Google Scholar
- 10.M. C. Böhm, M. Eckert-Maksic, R. D. Ernst, D. R. Wilson, R. Gleiter, J. Am. Chem. Soc., 104 (1982) 2699.Google Scholar