Distribution of Pu(VI) from nitric acid to tri-n-butyl phosphate saturated with uranium(VI)
- 59 Downloads
Solvent extraction of plutonium(VI) from nitric acid (1 to 5M) into 20% and 30% TBP in dodecane saturated with uranium(VI) (0% to 80%) has been studied. For a particular nitric acid concentration, the distribution coefficient (K d ) is found to decrease with the increase in saturation of organic phase with uranium(VI). At a fixed organic phase the saturationK d increased with increase in nitric acid concentration, however, the magnitude of this increase inK d decreased with the increase in saturation.
KeywordsPhosphate Physical Chemistry Inorganic Chemistry Uranium Nitric Acid
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 1.O. J. Wick, Plutonium Handbook: A Guide to the Technology, Vol. 1, 1967, p. 463.Google Scholar
- 2.A. M. Rozen, E. I. Moiseenko, Russian J. Inorg. Chem., 4 (1959) 547.Google Scholar
- 3.J. G. Moore, ORNL-4348, 1969.Google Scholar
- 4.J. W. Codding, W. O. Haas, Jr., F. K. Heumann, Ind. End. Chem. 50 (1958) 145.Google Scholar
- 5.J. L. Ryan, Wheelright, USAEC Report HW-55893, 1959.Google Scholar