Determination of stable lead isotope ratios in environmental samples: Combination of microwave digestion and ICP-MS
Microwave digestion was applied as pretreatment of environmental samples for the determination of lead isotope ratios by ICP-MS. Microwave digestion decomposed the samples easily and rapidly without lead contamination. The lead isotope ratios could be measured directly by ICP-MS without tedious lead purification, because the influence of the matrix elements on measurements of lead isotope ratios is small enough to be ignored.
KeywordsPhysical Chemistry Purification Microwave Inorganic Chemistry Matrix Element
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 3.M. Murozumi, S. Nakamura, K. Yoshida, Nippon Kagaku Kaishi, 9 (1982) 1479.Google Scholar
- 4.C. R. Finch, H. D. Pennington, C. G. Lyons, S. E. Littau, Commun. Soil Sci. Plant Anal., 21 (1990) 583.Google Scholar
- 5.H. Isoyama, T. Uchida, K. Oguchi, C. Ida, G. Nakagawa, Anal. Sci., 6 (1990) 385.Google Scholar
- 6.H. Mukai, Y. Ambe, Bunseki Kagaku, 39 (1990) 177.Google Scholar
- 7.A. J. Walder, N. Furuta, Anal. Sci., 9 (1993) 675.Google Scholar
- 8.Y. Hirao, H. Mabuchi, E. Fukuda, H. Tanaka, T. Imamura, H. Todoroki, K. Kimura, E. Matsumoto, Geochem. J., 20 (1986) 1.Google Scholar