ESR study of lithium nitrate irradiated with gamma-rays with total doses from 10 to 100 Mrad
- 38 Downloads
Natural non-pretreated polycrystalline lithium nitrate was irradiated by gamma-rays of60Co with total radiation doses from 10 to 100 Mrad, at room temperature. No color centers were observed in samples irradiated in this range. X-ray and infrared studies evidenced the distortion of the lattice planes. In general, the following species were detected NO2, NO3 radicals, and NO22−, NO32−, O2− ionic radicals.
KeywordsColor Radiation Nitrate Physical Chemistry Lithium
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 1.E. H. Johnson, The Radiation Induced Decomposition of Inorganic Molecular Ions, 1st ed., Gordon and Breach, New York, 1970, Chap. 1, p. 1; Chap. 3, p. 33.Google Scholar
- 2.E. H. Taylor, J. Chem. Educ., 36 (1959) 397.Google Scholar
- 3.J. Cunningham, Trans. Far. Soc., 62 (1965) 2423.Google Scholar
- 4.J. Cunningham, J. Phys. Chem., 67 (1963) 1772.Google Scholar
- 5.J. Cunningham, J. A. McMillan, B. Smaller, E. Yasaitis, Intern. J. Phys. Chem. Solids, 23 (1962) 167.Google Scholar
- 6.J. Cunningham, J. Phys. Chem. Solids, 23 (1962) 843.Google Scholar
- 8.Z. Zuo, Y. Katsumura, K. Ueda, K. Ishigure, J. Chem. Soc. Faraday Trans., 93 (1997) 533.Google Scholar
- 10.F. de M. Ramírez, J. L. Iturbe, E. Ordoñez-Regil, M. Jiménez-Reyes, J. Padilla, Radiat. Effects Defects Solids, 145 (1998) 65.Google Scholar
- 11.Version 1.0, written by FrankNeese (1994), University of Konstanz, Germany.Google Scholar
- 12.P. W. Atkins, M. C. R. Symons, The Structure of Inorganic Crystals, and Application of Electron Spin Resonance to the Study of Molecular Structure, 1st ed., Elsevier Publishing Company, Amsterdam, 1967, Chaps. 7 and 8.Google Scholar