Stability of Ba2+-15-crown-5 complex in water saturated nitrobenzene
- 30 Downloads
From extraction experiments and γ-activity measurements, the extraction constant of the Ba2+ (aq)+SrL2/2+(nb)⇆⇆BaL2/2+ (nb)+Sr2+(aq) equilibrium taking place in a two-phase water-nitrobenzene system (L=15-crown-5; aq-aqueous phase, nb=nitrobenzene phase) was evaluated as logKex(Ba2+,SrL2/2+)=1.8. Further, the stability constant of the BaL2/2+ complex in water saturated nitrobenzene was calculated to be log βnh(BaL22+)=16.5.
KeywordsPhysical Chemistry Inorganic Chemistry Stability Constant Nitrobenzene Extraction Experiment
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 1.C. J. PEDERSEN, J. Am. Chem. Soc., 89 (1967) 7017.Google Scholar
- 2.I. M. KOLTHOFF, Anal. Chem., 51 (1979) IR.Google Scholar
- 3.J. RAIS, Collect. Czech. Chem. Commun., 36 (1971) 3253.Google Scholar
- 4.J. RAIS, P. SELUCKÝ, M. KYRŠ, J. Inorg. Nucl. Chem., 38 (1976) 1376.Google Scholar
- 6.P. VAŇURA, E. MAKRLÍK, Collect. Czech. Chem. Commun., 50 (1985) 581.Google Scholar
- 8.E. MAKRLÍK, J. HÁLOVÁ, M. KYRŠ, Collect. Czech. Chem. Commun., 49 (1984) 39.Google Scholar
- 9.P. VAŇURA, E. MAKRLIK, J. Radioanal. Nucl. Chem., in press.Google Scholar