Separation of yttrium(III) from iron(III) through liquid membrane impregnated with di(2-ethylhexyl)phosphoric acid
- 55 Downloads
The selective transport of yttrium(III) in the presence of iron(III) through a supported liquid membrane (SLM) has been investigated by using di(2-ethylhexyl)phosphoric acid (DEHPA) as a mobile carrier. Yttrium(III) with fast kinetics was preferentially transported from the feed solution of dilute acid into the product solution of 1M H2SO4, while most of iron(III) with slow kinetics remained in the feed solution. The effective separation of yttrium(III) from a large amount of iron(III) was accomplished by the selective transport of yttrium(III) through the SLM.
KeywordsIron Physical Chemistry Inorganic Chemistry H2SO4 Phosphoric Acid
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 1.G. M. Ritcey, in: Iron Control in Hydrometallurgy,J. E. Dutrizac, A. J. Monehmius (Eds), Ellis Horwood, Chichester, 1986, p. 247.Google Scholar
- 3.D. F. Peppard, G. W. Mason, J. L. Maier, W. J. Driscoll, J. Inorg. Nucl. Chem., 4 (1957) 334.Google Scholar
- 4.T. B. Pierce, P. F. Peck, Analyst, 88 (1963) 217.Google Scholar
- 5.K. Akiba, K. Yamada, S. Nakamura, J. Chem. Soc. Japan, (1993) 555 (in Japanese).Google Scholar
- 6.C. F. Baes, Jr., H. T. Baker, J. Phys. Chem., 64 (1960) 89.Google Scholar
- 9.S. Nakamura, M. Ito, K. Akiba, Res. Rep. Lab. Nucl. Sci. Tohoku Univ., 29 (1996) 64 (in Japanese).Google Scholar
- 10.K. Akiba, H. Hashimoto, Solvent Extr. Res. Develop., 1, (1994) 137.Google Scholar
- 11.S. Nakamura, M. Takeyasu, K. Akiba, J. Radioanal. Nucl. Chem., 181 (1994) 281.Google Scholar