Phage-typing scheme ofSalmonella bareilly based on lysogeny
- 18 Downloads
A phage-typing system ofSalmonella bareilly based on lysogeny is presented. In the present study which comprised 378 strains, fifteen different phage types named ‘a’ through ‘o’ were established. With this system 70.3% of the strains could be typed by using five indicator strains.
KeywordsIndicator Strain Phage Type
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- GargD. N. and SinghI. P. 1971. A phage typing scheme forSalmonella weltevreden.—Ann. Inst. Pasteur, Paris121: 751–762.Google Scholar
- GuinéeP. A. M. and VanLeeuwenW. J. 1978. Phage typing ofSalmonella. p. 157–191.In T.Bergan and J. R.Norris (eds), Methods in Microbiology, Vol. 11.—Academic Press New York.Google Scholar
- KapoorK. N., ChauhanH. V. S. and GuptaB. R. 1980. Epidemiological and pathological studies in outbreaks ofSalmonella bareilly infection in chickens and quails.—Indian Vet. J.57: 536–538.Google Scholar
- KawanishiT. 1972. On the phage typing ofSalmonella I. On isolation of bacteriophage fromS. good and phage typing.—Bull. Natl Inst. Hyg. Sci., Tokyo47: 75–80.Google Scholar
- LeMinorL., LeMinorS., LePriolA., BeaudR., BrissetB., LeCouefficE., LeFevreM., LeMelinM., MarticL., MirasF. and PigacheF. 1978. Origin and frequency of the serotypes ofSalmonella received in the French National Centre during the years 1973–1976. Eighth report of activities.—Rev. Epidemiol. Med. Soc. Sante Publique26: 71–96.Google Scholar
- MajumdarA. K. and SinghS. P. 1973. A phage typing scheme forSalmonella bareilly.—Indian Vet. J.50: 1161–1166.Google Scholar
- OtsujiN., SekiguchiM., IijimaT. and TakagiY. 1959. Induction of phage formation in the lysogenicEscherichia coli K-12 by mitomycin C.—Nature (London)184: 1079–1080.Google Scholar
- VelaudapillaiT. 1959. Phage typing ofS. virchow.—Z. Hyg.146: 84–88.Google Scholar
- Williams SmithH. 1951. Some observations on lysogenic strains ofSalmonella.—J. Gen. Microbiol.5: 458–471.Google Scholar