HPLC analysis of the large polycyclic aromatic hydrocarbons in a diesel particulate
- 230 Downloads
High performace liquid chromatography (HPLC) was used to separate the large polycyclic aromatic hydrocarbons in a diesel particulate extract. Identification of individual peaks was made using a photodiode array UV/visible detector to collect their absorbance spectra. Comparisons between standard compounds and the peaks were made using both retention times and spectra. Compounds of up to 10 rings were identified.
Key WordsColumn liquid chromatography Photodiode array detection Diesel particulate extract Large polycyclic aromatic hydrocarbons
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- E. Clar, “The Aromatic Sextet”, Wiley-Interscience, New York, 1972.Google Scholar
- I. B. Berman, “Handbook of Fluorescence Spectra of Aromatic Molecules”, p. 39, Academic Press, New York, 1971.Google Scholar
- H. Matsushita, Y. Esumi, A. Suzuki, T. Handa, Bunseki Kagaku21, 1471 (1972).Google Scholar
- A. D. Lorenzo, S. Masi, R. Guerrini, La Revista di Combustibili30, 45 (1976).Google Scholar
- W. C. Eisenberg, D. L. B. Cunningham, in Polynuclear Aromatic Hydrocarbons: Mechanisms, Methods, and Metabolism,”M. Cooke andA. J. Dennis, eds., p. 379, Battelle Press, Columbus, Ohio, 1983.Google Scholar
- N. Metz, K. Lies, A. Hartung, ibid..Google Scholar
- F. S. Lee, D. Schuetzle, in “Handbook of Polycyclic Aromatic Hydrocarbons,”A. Bjorseth, editor, p. 27, Marcel Dekker, Inc., New York, 1983.Google Scholar
- J. C. Fetzer, W. R. Biggs, J. Chromatogr.332, 275 (1985).Google Scholar
- K. Jinno, J. C. Fetzer, W. R. Biggs, Chromatographia in press.Google Scholar
- A. Lacassagne, N. P. Buu-Hoi, F. Zadjela, G. Saint-Ruf, C. R. Acad. Sci. Paris, Ser. D.,266, 301 (1968).Google Scholar