Modeling of the beds of structures and its practical results
- 21 Downloads
A theory of the physical modeling of beds as nonlinearly deformable media, which makes it possible to describe the entire deformation process of beds in the field, including their ultimate strength, is cited. Results of the modeling of sandy beds enable use to increase the pressure beneath the lower surfaces of foundations appreciably and to determine the settlements rather accurately. The expediency of the use of the theory of plastic inhomogeneity is demonstrated for the mathematical modeling of clayey saturated beds in the unconsolidated state with heavy loads on the foundations.
KeywordsMathematical Modeling Civil Engineer Physical Modeling Lower Surface Ultimate Strength
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 1.Construction Rule and Regulation 2.02.01-83. Beds of Buildings and Structures [in Russian].Google Scholar
- 2.A. S. Stroganov, “Analysis of the causes of the failure of a residential building raised on saturated clayey soils,” Osn, Fundam. Mekh. Gruntov, No. 1, 8–10 (1984).Google Scholar
- 3.I. Lebegue, “Pouvoir portant de sol sous une charg inclinee,” Annales de L’instiut TBTP Supplement au No. 292 (1972).Google Scholar
- 4.A. S. Stroganov, “Bed strength of structures,” Osn., Fundam. Mekh. Gruntov, No. 3, 23–27 (1983).Google Scholar
- 5.S. N. Sotnikov, Author’s abstract of dissertation for Doctor of Technical Sciences, “Construction and reconstruction of foundations for buildings and structures on weak soils,” Moscow (1987).Google Scholar
- 6.V. A. Florin, Fundamentals of Soil Mechanics [in Russian], Vol. 1, Gosstroiizdat, Moscow (1959).Google Scholar
- 7.A. S. Stroganov, “Basic equations and certain problems of the nonlinearly elastoviscous deformation and viscoplastic and plastic flow of soils,” in: Proceedings of the Third All-Union Symposium on Soil Rheology [in Russian], Erevan (1980), pp. 119–136.Google Scholar
- 8.A. S. Stroganov, “Problemy nosnosci podloza budowlanego,” Wydawnictwo PAN, No. 11, 193 (1971).Google Scholar
- 9.I. S. Ivanov, Author’s abstract of dissertation for Candidate of Technical Sciences, “Stability of shallow foundations on a sandy bed under inclined loads and plane deformation,” Moscow (1983).Google Scholar
- 10.V. G. Berezantsev et al., Strength of Sandy Beds [in Russian], Transzheldorizdat, Moscow (1958).Google Scholar
- 11.L. Naujoks, H. Muhs, and S. Janke, Berichte aus der bauforschung-Heft 32, Flachgründungen Grundbruch und Setzungen, Wilhelm Ernst und Sohn, Berlin (1963), pp. 50–101.Google Scholar