Nonlinear soil mechanics and prospects for its development
- 33 Downloads
1. In substantiating technical solutions applicable to earth structures, it is expedient to use positions and conclusions of nonlinear soil mechanics.
2. The principal trend in the development of basic positions of nonlinear soil mechanics should be the expansion of experimental investigations to establish the most significant parameters affecting the behavior of soils in the sublimiting and limiting states under both static and dynamic effects.
3. It is necessary to orient design engineers in the use of computer programs in design practice. In developing algorithms and computer programs, the multiphase character of the soils, their real properties, and the technology and sequence of building earth structures should be considered.
KeywordsCivil Engineer Computer Program Experimental Investigation Structural Foundation Hydraulic Engineer
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 1.V. V. Sokolovskii, Statics of a Granular Medium [in Russian], Gosstroiizdat, Moscow (1960).Google Scholar
- 2.V. T. Goituer, General Theorems of the Theory of Elastoplastic Media [Russian translation], IL, Moscow (1961).Google Scholar
- 3.Yu. K. Zaretskii, V. N. Lombardo, M. E. Groshev, and D. N. Olimpiev, "Stability of earth slopes," Osn., Fundam. Mekh. Gruntov, No. 1 (1980).Google Scholar
- 4.Yu. K. Zaretskii and V. M. Lombardo, Statics and Dynamics of Earth Dams [in Russian], Énergiya, Moscow (1982).Google Scholar
- 5.A. Schofield and P. Wroth, Critical State Soil Mechanics, McGraw-Hill, New York (1968).Google Scholar
- 6.D. C. Drucker and W. Prager, "Soil mechanics and plastic analysis limit design," Q. Appl. Math., No. 10, 157 (1952).Google Scholar
- 7.Materials of Conferences and Meetings on Hydraulic Engineering "Design and Investigation of Beds for Hydraulic Structures" [in Russian], Énergiya, Leningrad (1980).Google Scholar
- 8.M. E. Groshev, "Interaction between hydraulic retaining structures and the backfill soil and foundation bed," Author's Abstract of Candidate's Dissertation, Gidroproekt (1981).Google Scholar
- 9.Yu. K. Zaretskii and V. V. Orekhov, "Effect of reservoir-filling regime on stress-strain state of a rock-and-earth-fill dam," Gidrotekh. Stroit., No. 3 (1982).Google Scholar
- 10.N. A. Tsytovich, Soil Mechanics (Short Course) [in Russian], Vysshaya Shkola, Moscow (1979).Google Scholar