These keywords were added by machine and not by the authors. This process is experimental and the keywords may be updated as the learning algorithm improves.
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
Notes and References
- 1.Alfred North Whitehead, “The Aims of Education,” in Parks, Joe, editor.Selected Readings in the Philosophy of Education, The Macmillan Company, New York, 1968, p. 194.Google Scholar
- 2.Alfred North Whitehead, “Technical Education and its Relation to Science and Literature,” in Starkey, Margaret, M., editor.The Education of Modern Man, New York: Pitman Publishing Corp., 1966, p. 154.Google Scholar
- 3.Nicholas Murray Butler, “The Argument for Manual Training,” in Vassor, Reva C., editor.Social History of American Education: Volume II, Rand McNally & Company, Chicago, 1965, p. 159.Google Scholar
- 4.Other key figures in the Office of Education associated with this development are Dr. Rue Harris, Director, Career Education Development Task Force; Dr. Cornelius Butler; Dr. Lance Hodes; and Dr. Bernard Yabroff.Google Scholar
- 5.Lawrence J. Barnett and Mortimer Kreuter, “Curriculum Relevancy and Work,” 1967. Available from ERIC, ED 020311.Google Scholar
- 6.The details of the strategies and tactics employed in the mounting of this pioneer program will emerge in a report in preparation by the Center for Urban Education, as well as a 30-minute film which will serve, among other purposes, as an executive briefing instrument for school and private sector decision-makers considering the development of other consortia.Google Scholar
© Center for Urban Education 1972