High-frequency oscillations of soil beds under force and wave excitation in an arbitrary direction
- 19 Downloads
The high-frequency oscillations of a uniform isotropic half space under force excitation are discussed. Solutions known from the literature are analyzed for special cases. Simple equations are derived for high-frequency asymptotics in the general case. Oscillations during wave excitation are investigated.
KeywordsCivil Engineer Structural Foundation Hydraulic Engineer Half Space Simple Equation
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 1.A. O. Awojobi, “Approximate solution of high-frequency-factor vibrations of rigid bodies on elastic media,” Trans. Am. Soc. Mech. Eng. Ser. E. J. Appl. Mech., 38, No. 1, 111–117 (1971).Google Scholar
- 2.N. M. Borodachev, “High-frequency oscillations of a circular plate,” Stroit. Mekh. Raschet Sooruzh., No. 6, 31–32 (1967).Google Scholar
- 3.D. P. Thomas, “Torsional oscillations of an elastic half space,” Quart. J. Mech. Appl. Mat.,21, Part 1, 51–55 (1968).Google Scholar
- 4.V. M. Aleksandrov and E. V. Kovalenko, Problems of Continum Mechanics With Mixed Boundary Conditions. Nauka, Moscow (1986).Google Scholar
- 5.R. Dobry and G. Gazets, “Dynamic response of arbitrary shaped foundations,” J. Geotechn. Engin.,112, No. 2, 109–135 (1986).Google Scholar
- 6.V. A. Il'ichev, “Construction of an impulse step function of a plate/half-space system,” Izv. Akad. Nauk SSSR. Mekh. Tverd. Tela, No.1, 107–119 (1973).Google Scholar
- 7.B. I. Didukh, V. L. Lobysev, V. M. Lyatkher et al., Continum Dynamics in Problems of Hydraulic Engineering [in Russian], edited by V. M. Lyatkher and Yu. S. Yakovlev, Énergiya, Moscow (1975).Google Scholar
- 8.S. Itou, “Three-dimensional wave propagation in a cracked elastic solid,” Trans. Am. Soc. Mech. Eng. Ser. E. J. Appl. Mech.,45, No. 4, 807–811 (1978).Google Scholar
- 9.M. Iguchi, “An approximate analysis of input motions for embedded foundations,” Trans. Archit. Inst. Japan,57, No. 315, 61–75 (1982).Google Scholar