The Portevin-Le chatelier effect in stainless steel 12Khl8N10T irradiated with neutrons
The effect of reactor irradiation of steel 12Kh18N10T on its interrupted yielding in the range of dynamic strain aging temperatures is studied. The temperature ranges for appearance of the Portevin -Le Chatelier effect and the change in them as a result of radiation are determined.
KeywordsRadiation Stainless Steel Aging Temperature Strain Aging Dynamic Strain
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 1.Sh. Sh. Ibragimov and O. P. Maksimkin, “Ductility of irradiated steel 12Kh18N10T in the temperature range 293–823 K,” Izv. Akad. Nauk KazSSR, No. 6, 6–9 (1987).Google Scholar
- 2.Sh. Sh. Ibragimov, O. P. Maksimkin, and M. Zh. Sakbaev, “Dynamic strain aging of steel 12Khl8N10T irradiated with neutrons,” Dep. VINITI 10.25.1988, No. 7674–V88.Google Scholar
- 3.P. Rodrigues, “Serrated plastic flow,” Bull. Mater. Sci.,6, No. 4, 653–663 (1984).Google Scholar
- 4.P. G. McCormick, “Dynamic strain aging,” Trans. Indian Inst. Met.,39, No. 2, 98–106 (1986).Google Scholar
- 5.R. Onodera, M. Koga, H. Era, and N. Shimizu, “A phenomenological theory for the Portevin-Le Chatelier effect,” Acta Met.,32, No. 4, 1829–1836 (1984).Google Scholar
- 6.P. G. McCormick, “Serrated yielding and the occurrence of strain gradient in Al-Cu alloy,” Scripta Met.,6, 1133–1138 (1972).Google Scholar
- 7.K. G. Samuel, S. L. Mannan, and P. Rodrigues, “Serrated yielding in AISI 316 stainless steel,” Acta Met.,26, No. 8, 2323–2326 (1988).Google Scholar
- 8.V. D. Balashov and S. N. Votinov, “Analysis of the change in strain processes for structural materials after reactor irradiation,” Preprint NIIAR, No. II-85, Melekess (1970).Google Scholar
- 9.I. V. Astaf'ev, O. P. Maksimkin, and M. Zh. Sakbaev, “Computerized system for collection and treatment of mechanical test data,” Dep. KazNIINKI, 06.20.92, No. 3751-K91 (1992).Google Scholar
- 10.L. H. De Almeida and S. N. Monteiro, “The significance of dynamic strain aging in austenitic stainless steel,” in: Proc. 2nd Internat. Conf. on Mech. Behavior of Mat., N SI, Boston (1976), pp. 1697–1701.Google Scholar