Time-dependent interaction of two fluid flows separated by a semi-infinite non-rigid plate
- 24 Downloads
In this paper the following problem is solved in the linear approximation. Let a flat plate separate two uniform inviscid fluid flows with different steady-state densities and velocities. These flows are subject to small time-dependent disturbances due to plate deformation. This problem is solved for arbitrary deformations as well as in the case of the angular harmonic oscillations of a flapping mover. The time-dependent forces acting on the plate are determined, together with the dynamic characteristics of the mover and the position of the fluid-fluid interface.
KeywordsFluid Flow Fluid Dynamics Dynamic Characteristic Linear Approximation Harmonic Oscillation
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 1.F. D. Gakhov,Boundary Value Problems [in Russian], Nauka, Moscow (1977).Google Scholar
- 2.L. I. Sedov,Two-Dimensional Problems in Hydrodynamics and Aerodynamics [in Russian], Nauka, Moscow (1966).Google Scholar
- 3.L. M. Ibragimova, “Hydrodynamic characteristics of a “flapping wing” mover,” in:Dynamics of Continuous Media with Interfaces [in Russian], Cheboksary (1983), p. 61.Google Scholar
- 4.A. V. Kuznetsov and O. V. Troyepolskaya, “Time-dependent inviscid interaction of two streams separated by a plate,” in: Proc. Symp. on Boundary-Value Problems [in Russian], Kazan' University Press, Kazan' 1991, p. 153.Google Scholar
- 5.V. I. Babkin, S. M. Bielotserkovskii, V. V. Gulyayev, and A. V. Dvorak,Jets and Lifting Surfaces. Computer Simulation [in Russian], Nauka, Moscow (1989).Google Scholar