Optimization of stepwise gradient elution in columns chromatography
- 111 Downloads
A general equation for the final retention of a solute chromatographed under conditions of stepwise gradient elution has been derived. The elution process and the distances travelled by solutes as a function of eluent volume were simulated by computer for the optimization of stepwise gradient prorams from isocratic HPLC data. The validity of the equations was experimentally veritied.
Key WordsColumn liquid chromatography Gradient elution Prediction of retention
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- L. R. Snyder, in “High Performance Liquid Chromatography”, Adv. and Persp., C. Horvath-Editor, Academic Press, Inc., pp. 207–316 (1980).Google Scholar
- P. Jandera, J. Churacek, in “Gradient Elution in Column Liquid Chromatography”, Elsevier, (1985).Google Scholar
- W. Gołkiewicz, M. Jaroniec, J. High Resolut. Chromatogr. and Chromatogr. Commun.,4, 245 (1978).Google Scholar
- W. Golkiewicz, Chromatographia14, 411, 1981;14, 629 (1978).Google Scholar
- E. Soczewiński, W. Markowski, J. Chromatogr.,370, 63 (1986).Google Scholar
- W. Markowski, E. Soczewiński, G. Matysik, J. Liq. Chromatogr., in press.Google Scholar
- L. R. Snyder, J. J. Kirkland, in “Introduction to Modern Liquid Chromatography”, Second Edition, J. Wiley and Sons, Inc., New York 1979.Google Scholar