Chemistry of azobenzazole systems. 1. Synthesis and structure of oxazolo[4,5-b]-pyridine-2(3H)-thione and its oxygen analog
We have synthesized oxazolo[4,5-b]pyridine-2(3H)-thione by reaction of 2-hydroxy-3-aminopyridine with potassium ethylxanthogenate. The structure has been confirmed by PMR, IR, and mass spectra. The thione form was established with the help of x-ray diffraction and PMR spectroscopy.
KeywordsOxygen Spectroscopy Potassium Mass Spectrum Organic Chemistry
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 1.R. C. Elderfield (ed.), Heterocyclic Compounds, Vol. 5 [Russian translation], Inostr. Lit., Moscow (1961), p. 340.Google Scholar
- 3.US Pat. Class 260-307. No. 3,268,546; August 23 (1966).Google Scholar
- 4.M. Kleingensmith, Am. J. Botany,48, 40 (1961).Google Scholar
- 5.US Pat. 32157, Ref. Zh. Khim., 9N538 (1967).Google Scholar
- 6.N. A. Aliev, R. G. Aflyatunova, and K. Giyasov, Fungicides [in Russian], Fan, Tashkent (1980), p. 46.Google Scholar
- 7.N. A. Aliev and K. Giyasov, Plant Growth Regulators and Herbicides [in Russian], Fan, Tashkent (1978), p. 141.Google Scholar
- 8.Ch. Flourat, M. Blanchet, and G. Guillaument, Tetrahedron Lett., No. 33, 4571 (1992).Google Scholar
- 9.N. A. Aliev, N. D. Abdullaev, R. Razakov, and Ch. Sh. Kadyrov, Khim. Geterotsikl. Soedin., No. 8, 1044 (1974).Google Scholar
- 10.R. Allman, Acta Crystallogr.,22, 246 (1967).Google Scholar
- 11.P. J. Wheatley, J. Chem. Soc., No. 10, 4379 (1961).Google Scholar
- 12.G. M. Sheldrick, Acta Crystallog.,A46, 467 (1990).Google Scholar
- 13.G. M. Sheldrick, SHELX-76 Program for Crystal Structure Determination, Cambridge, England.Google Scholar