Bridge-condition assessment by modal flexibility
- 355 Downloads
A bridge-condition assessment method for evaluating the global state of health is formulated based on modal flexibility directly obtained by processing modal test data, complemented by structural identification. The method is proven and the experimental and analytical tools that have been developed for implementation are demonstrated on a three-span reinforced-concrete high-way bridge.
KeywordsMechanical Engineer Fluid Dynamics Test Data Analytical Tool Assessment Method
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 1.Agbabian, M.S. and Masri, S.F., ed., Proc. Int. Workshop on Nondestructive Evaluation for Performance of Civil Structures, Univ. of Southern California (Feb. 1988).Google Scholar
- 2.Suprenant, B.A., Noland, J.L. and Schuller, M.P., Proc., Nondestructive Evaluation of Civil Structures and Materials, Univ. of Colorado, (May 1992).Google Scholar
- 3.Aktan, A.E., Lee, K.L., Chuntavan, C, and Aksel, T., “Modal Testing for Structural Identification and Condition Assessment of Constructed Facilities,” Proc. 12th IMAC, SEM (1994).Google Scholar
- 4.Hogue, T.D., Aktan, A.E. andHoyos, A., “Localized Identification of Constructed Facilities,”J. of Struct. Eng.,117,23 (1) (1991).Google Scholar
- 5.Raghavendrachar, M. and Aktan, A.E., “Flexibility by Multireference Impact testing for Bridge Diagnostics,” J. Struct. Eng., ASCE,118 (8) (Aug. 1992).Google Scholar
- 6.Somaprasad, H., Toksoy, T., Yoshiyuki, H. andAktan, A.E., “Closed-Loop Modal Testing of a 27-Story RC Flat Plate-Core Building,”Tech. Rep. NCEER-91-0016, National Center for Earthquake Eng. Res., Buffalo (1991).Google Scholar
- 7.Aktan, A.E., Zwick, M.J., Miller, R.A. and Shahrooz, B.M., “Nondestructive and Destructive Testing of a Decommissioned RC Slab Highway Bridge and Associated Analytical Studies,” TRB Paper 920139, TRR 1371, (1992).Google Scholar
- 8.Allemang, R.J. and Brown, D.L., “Experimental Modal Analysis and Dynamic Component Synthesis,” Tech. Rep. AF-WAL-TR-87-3069, SDRL, Univ. of Cincinnati (1987).Google Scholar