Reproducibility of retention indices measurement of alkylbenzenes on crosslinked methyl silicone phase fused silica capillaries
- 34 Downloads
Reproducibility of the Kovats retention indices of alkylbenzenes was studied on conventional “PONA” fused-silica capillary columns coated with crosslinked dimethyl silicone phase, with a film thickness of 0.5 μm. The data were compared with those obtained on conventional OV-101 columns. The tested PONA columns showed reproducible chromatographic properties, capacity ratios and high efficiencies. Having a standard deviation of s=0.03 i.u. of the retention indices on a single column, the column-to-columns differences were found to be up to 0.3 i.u. Higher indices were determined for crosslinked columns, the difference being in most cases about one i.u.
Key WordsGas chromatography Retention index reproducibility Alkylbenzenes HP PONA columns OV-101 glass capillary columns
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- L. G. Blomberg, The Use of Retention Data from Capillary GC for Qualitative Analysis: Current Aspects, in:J. C. Giddings, E. Grushka, P. R. Brown (Editors), Advances in Chromatography, Vol. 26, Marcel Dekker, Inc., New York, 1987, p. 230–276.Google Scholar
- L. Blomberg, TrAC6, 41 (1987).Google Scholar
- V. G. Berezkin, A. A. Korolev, Chromatographia8, 482 (1985).Google Scholar
- P. Farkaš, L. Soják, M. Kováč, J. Janák, J. Chromatogr.471, 251 (1989).Google Scholar
- L. Weber, in:P. Sandra, W. Bertsch (Editors), Proceedings of the Sixth International Symposium on Capillary Chromatography, Riva del Garda, Hüthig, Heidelberg, 1985, pp. 330–339.Google Scholar
- E. Matisová, E. Kovačičová, A. Kočan, S. Holotik, in: Abstracts, Volume I, International Symposium “Advances and Application of Chromatography in Industry”, Bratislava, 1989, p. L-11.Google Scholar