Chiral bonded packings for liquid chromatography: Preparation and evaluation of N-acylated aminoacid packings based on aminopropylated silica gel
- 18 Downloads
N-Protected single amino acid residues have been chemically bound to aminopropylated silica gel to give chiral HPLC column packings. Surface coverages have been determined by both elemental and aminoacid analyses. In addition, the nature of the surface-bound groups has been studied by reflectance fourier transform infrared (FTIR) spectroscopy. The resolution of a range of racemic mixtures has been achieved using the column packings.
Key WordsColumn liquid chromatography Chiral bonded phases Enantiomer separations Amino acid esters
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- J. N. Akanya, D. R. Taylor, J. Liq. Chromatogr.10 (5), 805 (1987).Google Scholar
- S. Hara, A. Dobashi, J. Chromatogr.186, 543 (1979).Google Scholar
- W. H. Pirkle, M. Ho Hyun, J. Chromatogr.328, 1 (1985);W. H. Pirkle, M. Ho Hyun andB. Bank, J. Chromatogr,316, 585 (1984)Google Scholar
- W. Watanabe, Japan Chem. Soc. Chem. Letters.,137 (1981).Google Scholar
- J. C. Sheehan, H. Yang Ding-Dung, J. Amer. Chem. Soc.,80, 1154 (1958).Google Scholar
- G. W. Anderson, F. M. Callahan, J. Amer. Chem. Soc.,82, 3359 (1960).Google Scholar
- S. C. Chang, R. Charles, E. Gil-Av., J. Chromatogr.205, 247 (1980).Google Scholar
- L. R. Snyder, J. J. Kirkland “Introduction to Modern Liquid Chromatography”, 3rd edn., J. Wiley, London New York, 1979.Google Scholar