Purification of CIS-trimedlure isomers by high-performance liquid chromatography
High-performance liquid chromatographic procedures were developed to make it possible to obtain the fourcis-trimedlure isomers (V, W, X, and Y) in pure form. Trimedlure-V and-Y were each readilt separated from the four-componentcis-trimedlure mixture through high-performance liquid chromatographic analysis on 5-μm and 3-μm silica, but trimedlure-W and-X were not adequately resolved. Chromatography of 5-μm silica of the mixtures obtained by epimerization of thetrans-trimedlure isomers, C and B2, yielded the respective epimers, trimedlure-W and-X, in pure form.
Key WordsColumn liquid chromatography Separation of isomers Trimedlure Medfly Ceratitis capitata
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- K. S. Hagen, W. W. Allen, R. L. Tassan, Calif. Agr.35, 5 (1981).Google Scholar
- D. S. Jackson, B. G. Lee, Bull. of the ESA31, 29 (1985).Google Scholar
- M. Beroza, R. Sarmiento, J. Assoc. Off. Agr. Chem.47, 838 (1964).Google Scholar
- B. A. Leonhardt, T. P. McGovern, J. R. Plimmer, J. High Resol. Chromatogr./Chromatogr. Comm.5, 430 (1982).Google Scholar
- J. D. Warthen, Jr., T. P. McGovern, J. Chromatogr. Sci., in press.Google Scholar
- T. P. McGovern, M. Beroza, J. Org. Chem.31, 1472 (1966).Google Scholar
- T. P. McGovern, M. Beroza, K. Ohinata, D. Miyashita, L. F. Steiner, J. Econ. Entomol.59, 1450 (1966).Google Scholar
- T. P. McGovern, R. T. Cunningham, B. A. Leonhardt, J. Econ. Entomol.79, 98 (1986).Google Scholar
- R. T. Cunningham, B. A. Leonhardt, T. P. McGovern, R. E. Rice, manuscript in preparation.Google Scholar