GC investigation of olefins with chemically bonded gamma-mercaptopropylsilane-copper(II) complexes
- 27 Downloads
A column packing containing thiol groups chemically bonded to the silica surface was synthesized. The thiol functional groups were used as ligands capable of forming stable complexes with Cu(II). The prepared material was characterized by gas chromatography using unsaturated linear and branched hydrocarbons as well as cyclic and aromatic hydrocarbons. The occurrence of specific metal—olefin interactions resulting from the formation of π-complexes during the chromatographic process was observed.
Key WordsGas chromatography Complexation Mercaptosilane chemically bonded phase Transition metal complexes Olefinic π-complexes
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- W. Wasiak, Chromatographia23, 261 (1987).Google Scholar
- W. Wasiak, Chem. Anal. (Warsaw)27, 211 (1984).Google Scholar
- K. G. Allum, R. D. Hancock, I. V. Howell, S. McKenzie, R. C. Pitkethly, P. J. Robinson, J. Organometal. Chem.87, 293 (1975).Google Scholar
- I. V. Howell, R. D. Hancock, R. C. Pitkethly, P. J. Robinson, in Catalysis: Heterogeneous and Homogeneous, B. Delmon and G. Jannes, Eds., Elsevier, Amsterdam, 1975, pp. 349–371.Google Scholar
- K. M. Webber, B. C. Gates, W. Drenth, J. Molecular Catal.3, 1 (1977/78).Google Scholar
- G. E. Baiulescu, V. A. Ije, Stationary Phases in Gas Chromatography, Pergamon Press, Oxford, 1975.Google Scholar