Dynamics of elementary maps of dendrites
- 53 Downloads
The notion of elementary map of a dendrite into itself is introduced. Arithmetical relations between the periods of periodic points are given; the structure ofω-limit sets, sets of periodic and nonwandering points is described; the topological entropy of elementary maps is shown to be equal to 0. Examples are given illustrating the differences in the entropic properties of continuous maps of dendrites with a countable set of branch points and continuous maps of their retracts which are finite trees.
Key wordsdendrites periods dynamics of maps topological entropy
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 4.L. S. Efremova, “Periodic orbits and the degree of a continuous map of the circle,” in:Differential and Integral Equations, [in Russian], Gorky State Univ., Gorky (1978), pp. 109–115.Google Scholar
- 5.L. S. Efremova and R. G. Rakhmankulov, “Coexistence theorems for periodic orbits of endomorphisms of the circle,” in:Differential and Integral Equations, No. 4 [in Russian], Gorky State Univ., Gorki (1980), pp. 116–118.Google Scholar
- 6.L. S. Efremova, “Periodic points of a continuous mapping of the circle,” in:The 9th International Conference on Nonlinear Oscillations Kiev, 30.08.81–06.09.81 [in Russian], Vol. 2, Institute of Mathematics of the Academy of Sciences of Ukrainian SSR, Kiev (1984), pp. 124–126.Google Scholar
- 16.K. Kuratowski,Topology, Vol. 2, Academic Press, New York-London (1968).Google Scholar
- 19.K. Kuratowski,Topology, Vol. 1, Academic Press, New York-London (1968).Google Scholar