Correlation of results of plate and compression tests on frozen soils under thawing
- 21 Downloads
1. The coefficients of thawing A obtained from the plate and compression tests are not correlated.
2. The coefficients of compressibilityap obtained from the plate tests significantly exceed the values ofac obtained from the compression tests. This must be taken into account in the revision of the GOST Norms for these tests.
KeywordsCivil Engineer Compression Test Structural Foundation Hydraulic Engineer Freeze Soil
- 1.GOST 24586-81, Soils. Methods of Laboratory Determination of the Strength and Deformability Characteristics of Frozen Soils [in Russian].Google Scholar
- 2.GOST 23253-78, Soils. Field Test Methods for Frozen Soils [in Russian].Google Scholar
- 3.L. N. Khrustalev and V. M. Vodolazkin, "Reliability of current evaluations of the compressibility of long-term frozen soils under thawing," Inzh. Geol., No. 4, 86–90 (1987).Google Scholar