Invariants of topological quantum mechanics
- 28 Downloads
We investigate a new topological invariant of the punctured plane using a Hamiltonian approach. The Hamiltonian is built out of topological invariants available on the punctured plane. On the other hand it is shown that the model is a generalized version, using the appropriate language of homotopy, of the superconformal quantum mechanics (gauge approach) recently proposed by L. Baulieuet al. This relationship allows a better understanding of the structure and results of the gauge approach and makes possible a proper identification of the topological invariants which emerge from it.
KeywordsField Theory Elementary Particle Quantum Field Theory Quantum Mechanic Generalize Version
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- Balachandran, A. P., Marmo, G., Skagerstam, B. S., and Stern, A. (1991).Classical Topology and Quantum States, World Scientific, Singapore.Google Scholar
- Baulieu, L., and Arago de Carvalho, C. (1991a).Physics Letters B,275, 323.Google Scholar
- Baulieu, L., and Arago de Carvalho, C (1991b).Physics Letters B,275, 335.Google Scholar
- De Alfaro, V., Fubini, S., and Furlan, G. (1976).Nuovo Cimento,34A, 569.Google Scholar
- Hu, S. T. (1959).Homotopy Theory, Academic Press, New York.Google Scholar
- Maunder, C. R. F. (1979).Algebraic Topology, Van Nostrand, New York.Google Scholar
- Mekhfi, M. (1995). Cohomological Quantum Mechanics and Calculability of Observables to appear in IJMPA.Google Scholar
- Mekhfi, M. (n.d.). Topological setting of Bessel functions, ICTP preprint, to appear.Google Scholar