Total ozone response to major geomagnetic storms during non-winter period
This paper is a continuation of the recent studies of ozone response to major geomagnetic storms, now for the non-winter period. No significant response was found under different solar cycle/QBO conditions due to a rather homogeneous distribution of ozone during this period. Nevertheless, locations of the largest ozone variability are the same as the centers of meteorological activity and closely related to the centers of quasi-persistent extremes in the geographical distribution of total ozone along latitudinal circle 50 N.
KeywordsOzone Geographical Distribution Structural Geology Significant Response Homogeneous Distribution
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- E.R. Reither, D.-A. Gao: Heating of the Tibetian plateau and movements of the south Asia high during spring. Mon. Weather Rev.,110 (1982), 1694–1711.Google Scholar
- A. Rabbe, S.H.H. Larsen: Ozone variations in the Northern Hemisphere due to dynamic processe in the atmosphere. J. Atmos. Terr. Phys.,54 (1992).Google Scholar
- B.A. Tinsely, R.A. Heelis: Correlations of the Atmospheric Dynamics with Solar Activity. Evidence for convection via the solar wind, atmospheric electricity, and cloud microphysics. J. Geophys. Res.,98 (1993), 10375–10384.Google Scholar
- J. Laštovička, J. Bremer, M. Gil: Ozone response to major geomagnetic storms. Ann. Geophysical,10 (1992), 683–689.Google Scholar
- P. Mlch, J. Laštovička: Can be the total ozone response to major geomagnetic storms attributed to changes in meteorological situations? Ann. Geophysical, 1993 (submitted).Google Scholar
- P. Guimaraes, R. McPeters: TOMS gridded ozone data 1978 – 1988 version 6.0 and TOMS ozone imagine data 1978 – 1991, compact discs data storage, GSFC/NASA, 1991.Google Scholar
- The Ozone layer, Paper 6,13 (ed. Biswas 1977), Proc. of the meeting of the experts designated by governments, intergovernmental and nongovernmental organizations on the Ozone layer, UN Environmental Programme, 1977.Google Scholar