Simultaneous separation of inorganic anions and cations using binary eluent by ion chromatography with indirect photometric detection
- 33 Downloads
Inorganic cations and anions were separated simultaneously using sodium sulfosalicylic-EDTA binary eluent on a strong basic anion-exchange column. The effects of eluent pH, concentration and complexing effect of EDTA on retention behaviour of the ions were studied. The results showed that the larger the cation, the longer the retention time — except for Ca2+.
Key WordsColumn liquid chromatography Ion chromatography Indirect detection Binary eluent
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- H. Small, T. E. Miller Jr., Anal. Chem.54, 62 (1982).Google Scholar
- G. Sevenich, J. Fritz, Anal. Chem.55, 12 (1983).Google Scholar
- S. Elchuk, R. M. Cassidy, Anal. Chem.51, 1434 (1979).Google Scholar
- A. Walker, J. Liq. Chromatogr.16, (7), 1573 (1983).Google Scholar
- J. Chu, R. Hu, t. Takeuchi, Chromatographia40, 379 (1995).Google Scholar
- H. Small, Ion Chromatography, Plenum Press, New York and London, 1989.Google Scholar
- J. Z. Gao, H. J. Bian, J. G. Hou, J. W. Kang, J. Chromatogr.657, 95 (1993).Google Scholar
- Wuhan University, Analytical Chemistry, High Education Press, Beijing, P577 (in Chinese).Google Scholar