On the reaction of 2-phenylaminothiazoline withα-halogenoketones
- 44 Downloads
It was established that the alkylation of 2-phenylaminothiazoline with substituted phenacyl bromides proceeds at the exocyclic nitrogen atom with the formation of 5-aryl-7-phenyl-2,3-dihydroimidazo[2,1-b]thiazolium bromides. In order to confirm the structure of the last, the reductive desulfurization of one of them (Ar=p-chlorophenyl) was accomplished using Raney nickel. It was shown that dequaternization of the resulting 1-phenyl-3-ethyl-4-(p-chlorophenyl)imidazolium bromide to 1-phenyl-4-(p-chlorophenyl)imidazole, identical to the sample obtained by direct synthesis, thereby occurs.
KeywordsNitrogen Nickel Bromide Organic Chemistry Imidazole
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 1.A. M. Demchenko, V. A. Chumakov, K. G. Nazarenko, A. N. Krasovskii, V. V. Pirozhenko, and M. O. Lozinskii, Khim. Geterotsikl. Soedin., No. 5, 644 (1995).Google Scholar
- 2.N. P. Grin', A. I. Krasovskii, and P. M. Kochergin, Khim. Geterotsikl. Soedin., No. 9, 1271 (1972).Google Scholar
- 3.A. N. Krasovskii, N. P. Grin', P. M. Kochergin, and I. I. Soroka, Farmatsiya, No. 2, 26 (1975).Google Scholar
- 4.O. M. Krasovskii, É. I. Bogatirfova, and P. M. Kochergin, Farmats. Zh., No. 5, 83 (1997).Google Scholar
- 5.Elderfield, Heterocyclic Compounds [Russian translation], Vol. 5, Izd-vo Inostr. Lit, Moscow (1961).Google Scholar
- 6.R. Kh. Uili, D. K. England, and L. K. Berl, Organic Reactions [Russian translation], Collection 6, IL, Moscow (1953), p. 301.Google Scholar
- 7.K. Hofmann, Imidazole and Its Derivatives. Part I, J. Wiley and Sons, New York, (1953), p. 447.Google Scholar
- 8.A. N. Krasovskii, N. V. Ponomarev, V. E. Yavorovskaya, and A. N. Evstratov, XV Ukr. Rep. Conf. on Organic Chemistry, Uzhgorod (1986), p. 370.Google Scholar
- 9.C. C. Porretta, F. Cerreto, and R. Floravanti, Farmaco Ed. Sci.,43, No. 1, 15 (1988).Google Scholar
- 10.H. Najer and R. Gindicelli, Bull. Soc. Chim. France, No. 5, 960 (1960).Google Scholar