Chromatographic resolution of racemic amines, carboxylic acids, and alcohols by a new homochiral reagent derived fromendo-borneol
- 70 Downloads
Chromatographic separation of racemic amines, carboxylic acids and alcohols can be achieved with excellent resolution as measured in terms of the chromatographic separation factor α by derivatization with a homochiral oxazolidin-2-one easily prepared in three steps fromendo-borneol. The resolved materials can be isolated in excellent yields by cleavage of the resultant diastereomers using conventional methods, which also allow recovery of the chiral resolving agent for re-use.
Key WordsColumn liquid chromatography Diastereomer separation Chiral derivatizing agent Chiral oxazolidin-2-one
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- R. Sheldon, Chem. & Ind., 212 (1990).Google Scholar
- S. Einarsson, B. Josefsson, P. Moller, D. Sanchez, Jansen Chim. Acta6(1), 10 (1988); Anal. Chem.59, 1191 (1987).Google Scholar
- W.H. Pirkle, J. Finn, Asymmetric Synthesis, J.D. Morrison, Ed., Academic Press.1, 87 (1983).Google Scholar
- W.H. Pirkle, K.A. Simmonds, J. Org. Chem.48, 2520 (1983).Google Scholar
- O. Meth-Cohn, Acc. Chem. Res.20, 18 (1987);W. Lwowski, Ed., Nitrenes, Wiley Interscience, New York (1970).Google Scholar
- D.A. Evans, T. Britton, J.A. Ellman, Tetrahedron Lett.28, 6141 (1987).Google Scholar