A correction for replicated error in correlation coefficients
- 73 Downloads
A solution is presented to the problem of determining a proper correction for spuriousness in correlation coefficients. The general case developed is the estimate of correlation betweenu andv, both being linear functions of the same set of variables. Special formulae relate to overlapping scales correlations, part-whole correlations, and item-total test correlations.
KeywordsLinear Function Public Policy Statistical Theory Test Correlation Special Formula
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- Anderson, H. E., Jr. A factorial study of the female form of the SVIB.Journal of Applied Psychology, 1965,49, 270–273.Google Scholar
- Anderson, H. E., Jr. & Bashaw, W. L. Further comments on the internal structure of the MMPI.Psychological Bulletin, 1966,66, 211–213.Google Scholar
- Anderson, H. E., Jr., Davis, H. C., Jr., & Wolking, W. D. A factorial study of the MMPI for students in health and rehabilitation.Educational and Psychological Measurement, 1966,26, 29–39.Google Scholar
- Cureton, E. E. Corrected item-test correlations.Psychometrika, 1966,31, 93–96.Google Scholar
- Flanagan, J. C.Factor analysis in the study of personality. Stanford University, California: Stanford University Press, 1935. (a)Google Scholar
- Flanagan, J. C. Technical aspects of multi-trait tests. A reply to Dr. Lorge.Journal of Educational Psychology, 1935,26, 641–651. (b)Google Scholar
- Kelley, T. L. & Krey, A. C.Tests and measurements in the social sciences, Vol. IV ofReport of the commission on the social studies. New York: Scribners, 1934.Google Scholar
- Kuder, G. F. & Richardson, M. W. The theory of estimation of test reliability.Psychometrika, 1937,2, 151–160.Google Scholar
- Shure, G. H. & Rogers, M. S. Note of caution on the factor analysis of the MMPI.Psychological Bulletin, 1965,63, 14–18.Google Scholar
- Welsh, G. S. & Dahlstrom, W. G. (Eds.).Basic readings on the MMPI in psychology and medicine. Minneapolis, Minnesota: University of Minnesota Press, 1956.Google Scholar