A sequence of limiting distributions of response probabilities
Explicit solutions are obtained for a sequence of limiting distributions of response probabilities for the two experimenter-controlled events learning model of Bush and Mosteller . A generalization to thes experimenter-controlled events model is found.
KeywordsPublic Policy Statistical Theory Explicit Solution Response Probability
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- Bush, R. R. and Mosteller, F. A stochastic model with application to learning.Ann. math. Statist., 1953,24, 559–585.Google Scholar
- Bush, R. R. and Mosteller, F.Stochastic models for learning, New York: Wiley, 1955.Google Scholar
- Erdös, P. On a family of symmetric Bernoulli convolutions.Amer. J. Math., 1939,61, 974–976.Google Scholar
- Jessen, B. and Wintner, A. Distribution functions and the Riemann zeta function.Trans. Amer. math. Soc., 1935,38, 61.Google Scholar
- Karlin, S. Some random walks arising in learning models, I.Pacific J. Math., 1953,3, 725–756.Google Scholar
- Kemeny, J. G. and Snell, J. L. Markov processes in learning theory.Psychometrika, 1957,22, 221–230.Google Scholar
- Kershner, R. and Wintner, A. On a family of symmetric Bernoulli convolutions.Amer. J. Math., 1935,57, 546–547.Google Scholar
- McGregor, J. R. and Hui, Y. Y. Limiting distributions associated with certain stochastic learning models.Ann. math. Statist., 1962,33, 1281–1285.Google Scholar
- McGregor, J. R. and Zidek, J. V. Limiting distributions of response probabilities.Ann. math. Statist., 1965,36, 706–707.Google Scholar
- Olds, E. G. A note on the convolution of uniform distributions.Ann. math. Statist., 1952,23, 282–285.Google Scholar
- Uspensky, J. V.Introduction to mathematical probability, New York: McGraw-Hill, 1937.Google Scholar
- Wintner, A. On a convergent Poisson process.Amer. J. Math., 1935,57, 835–838.Google Scholar