An alternative approach to the method of correct matching
- 50 Downloads
The correct matching method is treated in a new way which increases its power and enables the results to be expressed by a correlation coefficient. Tables for 3≤n≤7 are included.
KeywordsPublic Policy Statistical Theory Match Method Correct Match
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- Chapman, D. W. The statistics of the method of correct matching.Amer. J. Psychol., 1934,46, 287–298.Google Scholar
- Guttman, L. An outline of the statistical theory of prediction. In P. Horstet al., The prediction of personal adjustment, Social Science Research Council, New York, 1941.Google Scholar
- Secord, P. F. Studies of the relationship of handwriting to personality.J. Pers., 1949,17, 430–448.Google Scholar
- Vernon, P. E. The matching method applied to investigations of personality.Psychol. Bull., 1936,33, 149–177.Google Scholar
- Vernon, P. E. Evaluation of the matching method.J. educ. Psychol. 1936,27, 1–17.Google Scholar
- Weinberg, G. H., Fluckiger, F. A., and Clarence, A. T. A proposed variation of the matching method.Psychometrika, 1960,25, 291–295.Google Scholar
© Psychometric Society 1965