An alternative approach to the method of correct matching
- 51 Downloads
The correct matching method is treated in a new way which increases its power and enables the results to be expressed by a correlation coefficient. Tables for 3≤n≤7 are included.
KeywordsPublic Policy Statistical Theory Match Method Correct Match
These keywords were added by machine and not by the authors. This process is experimental and the keywords may be updated as the learning algorithm improves.
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- Chapman, D. W. The statistics of the method of correct matching.Amer. J. Psychol., 1934,46, 287–298.Google Scholar
- Guttman, L. An outline of the statistical theory of prediction. In P. Horstet al., The prediction of personal adjustment, Social Science Research Council, New York, 1941.Google Scholar
- Secord, P. F. Studies of the relationship of handwriting to personality.J. Pers., 1949,17, 430–448.Google Scholar
- Vernon, P. E. The matching method applied to investigations of personality.Psychol. Bull., 1936,33, 149–177.Google Scholar
- Vernon, P. E. Evaluation of the matching method.J. educ. Psychol. 1936,27, 1–17.Google Scholar
- Weinberg, G. H., Fluckiger, F. A., and Clarence, A. T. A proposed variation of the matching method.Psychometrika, 1960,25, 291–295.Google Scholar
© Psychometric Society 1965