Electromagnetic waves and oscillations in the layered semiconductor-dielectric-semiconductor structure
- 18 Downloads
Theoretical and numerical studies of the electromagnetic properties of the layered semiconductor — dielectric — semiconductor (SDS) structure was carried out. It was shown that the weak damping guide and surface waves may exist in this structure and retardation of surface waves may be several times more than for the semiconductor — dielectric (SD) interface. If this structure contains reflections it leads to the formation of high Q-factor resonance oscillations. It was found that at the beginning of intermode coupling of two surface oscillations in the studied resonance structure, hybrid surface oscillations with near resonance frequencies are formed. Their electromagnetic field components along the wave propagation direction are orthogonal to each other and modulated along the SD interface by orthogonal envelopes.
KeywordsReflection Wave Propagation Resonance Frequency Electromagnetic Field Surface Wave
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 1.Xue Dengping, Tsai Chien-hua - “Plasma — polariton modes and optical properties of metallic superlattices”, Sol. St. Comm., 1985, v.56, N. 8, pp. 651–655.Google Scholar
- 2.“Surface polaritons. Electromagnetic waves along intefaces of medium”, edited by Agranovich V.M. and Mills D.L., Moscow, “Science”, 1985, 525 p. (in Russian).Google Scholar
- 3.Basak S., Kasandrov V.V., Nikitin A.K., Tishenko A.A. - “Surface electromagnetic waves in tnin films”, - “Forien radioelectronics”, 1988, N. 5, pp. 76–84, (in Russian).Google Scholar
- 4.Bulgakov A. A., “Surface acoustic oscillations in a periodically layered medium”, Sol. St. Comm., 1985, v.55, N. 8, pp. 869–871.Google Scholar
- 5.Filipov Yu. F., Kharkovsky S. N. - “Distribution interaction of oscillations in quasi-optical dielectric resonators”, “Piz'ma in JTF”, 1990, v. 16, N. 20, pp. 24–28. (in Russian).Google Scholar