A low-cost biotelemetry system for long time monitoring of physiological data
- 30 Downloads
A biotelemetry system based on digital data processing and transmission is implemented. The transmitter digitizes analog physiological signal, converts into serial form, forms a digital data packet by summing data and synchronization information and transmits the packets via an FM transmitter. The receiver side amplifies and pulse-shapes the received data packet, separates the data and synchronization information, converts serial data into 8-bit parallel form and then into analog signal. A special coding method provides high noise immunity and proper synchronization between transmitter and receiver. The system shows a stable and high performance within a distance of 100 m.
Key Wordsbiotelemetry transmitter coding method
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 1.Barnea, O., and Deutsch, S., Telemetry system for stimulation and monitoring of freely moving patients.IEEE Trans. Biomed. Eng. 33:320–326, 1986.Google Scholar
- 2.Crenner, F., Simple decoder for PPM multichannel biotelemetry.Med. Biol. Eng. Comput. 26:105–109, 1988.Google Scholar
- 3.Drewes, A.M., Andreasen, A., Assentoft, J.E., and Nagel, O., Seven-channel digital telemetry system for monitoring and direct computer capturing of biological data.Med. Biol. Eng. Comput., 15: 435–440, 1993.Google Scholar
- 4.Jay, J., Fouquet, R., and Rougny, R., Automatic tracking system of a miniaturized transmitter for telemetry of physiological parameters.Med. Biol. Eng. Comput. 31:201–203, 1993.Google Scholar
- 5.Lambert, A., Waxman, F., Crenner, F., Wittman, T., and Grenier, J.F., Autonomous telemetric capsule to explore the small bowel.Med. Biol. Eng. Comput., 29:191–196, 1991.Google Scholar
- 6.Yonezawa, Y., Nakayama, T., Ninomiya, I., and Caldwell, W.M., Radio telemetry directional ultrasonic blood flowmeter for use with unrestrained animals.Med. Biol. Eng. Comput. 30:659–665.Google Scholar