Gas chromatographic screening of cyclic alcohols as selective solvents for cyclohexane extraction
- 21 Downloads
Gas chromatography has been employed for screening cyclic alkanols as selective solvents for the extraction of cyclohexane from an aromatic-free cyclohexane-rich fraction (77–81°C). The relative volatilities for close boiling hydrocarbons in all three cyclic alcohol solvents have been compared. Activity coefficient data at infinite dilution for nine binary hydrocarbon systems at 25°C have also been presented.
KeywordsCyclohexane Cyclohexanol Infinite Dilution Heptanol Extractive Distillation
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- Nettesheim, G., Hydrocarbon Processing Petrol Refiner49 (August), 115 (1970).Google Scholar
- Solange, M., andGladel, Y. L., French Pat. 1,540, 277 (27 Sept. 1968).Google Scholar
- Tassios, D. P., Ind. Eng. Chem. (Process. Des. Develop.)11, 114 (July 1970).Google Scholar
- Kuchhal, R. K., Ph. D. thesis, Meerut Univ., India (1973).Google Scholar
- Hafslund, E. R., Chem. Eng. Progr.65 (9), 58 (1969).Google Scholar
- Dreisbach, R. R., “Physical Properties of Chemical Compounds-I and II”; Advances in Chemistry Series Vol. 15 and 22, American Chemical Soc., Washington, 1955 and 1959.Google Scholar