Purification of125I-labelled aprotinin by hydrophobic interaction chromatography
- 23 Downloads
125I-aprotinin has been prepared and purified by affinity chromatography in combination with hydrophobic interaction chromatography (HIC). The method allows the preparation of the labelled inhibitor practically carrier-free, in saline solution without organic modifier and the isolated compound retained inhibition activity. Recovery of radioactive material was virtually quantitative, without substantial accumulation of radioactivity on the column. Compared with currently used procedures, the method is more reliable because the labelled polypeptide is collected by following its specific chromatographic signal.
Key WordsLiquid chromatography Bovine pancreatic trypsin inhibitor 125I-labelled compounds
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- E. Reich, D. Rifkin, E. Shaw, eds., “Proteases and Biological Control”. Cold Spring Harbor Lab., Cold spring Harbor, New York, 1975.Google Scholar
- H. Fritz, G. Wunderer Arzneim.-Forsch./Drug Res.,33, 479 (1983).Google Scholar
- R. Geiger, in: Methods of Enzymatic Analysis (H. U. Bergmeyer, ed.) 3rd ed., vol. 5, p. 129. Verlag Chemie, Weinheim (1984).Google Scholar
- W. M. Hunter, F. C. Greenwood, Nature (London),194, 495 (1962).Google Scholar
- G. Raspi, A. Lo Moro, M. Spinetti Ann. Chim. (Rome),77, 525 (1987).Google Scholar