Evaluation of the KTP 532 laser in aesthetic facial surgery
- 51 Downloads
This study investigated the ability of the KTP 532 laser to reduce postoperative swelling and bruising in aesthetic facial surgery. Thirty consecutive patients receiving a laser-assist procedure (following skin incision with a scalpel, dissection and hemostasis were accomplished primarily with the laser) were compared to 16 patients who had similar technical operations but relied on scissor/scalpel dissection and electrocautery for hemostasis. Evaluations were performed by comparison of serial photographs after surgery and by patient self-assessment. The clinical observations demonstrated a noticeable reduction in postoperative swelling, bruising, and discomfort in the patients whose procedure was performed with the aid of the laser.
Key wordsLaser Cosmetic surgery Deep plane rhytidectomy Blepharoplasty
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 1.Apfelberg DB: YAG laser meloplasty and blepharoplasty. Aesth Plast Surg19:231, 1995Google Scholar
- 2.Baker SS, Muenzler WS, Small RG, et al: Carbon dioxide laser blepharoplasty. Ophthalmology91:238, 1984Google Scholar
- 3.David LM: The laser approach to blepharoplasty. J Dermatol Surg Oncol14(7):741, 1988Google Scholar
- 4.David LM, Sanders G: CO2 laser blepharoplasty: a comparison to cold steel and electrocautery. J Dermatol Surg Oncol13(2):110, 1987Google Scholar
- 5.Keller GS: KTP laser cosmetic surgery. Am J Cosm Surg9:177, 1992Google Scholar
- 6.Keller GS: Transblepharoplasty brow suspension with KTP laser. Int J Aesthetic Restor Surg1:1, 1993Google Scholar
- 7.Keller GS, Razum NJ, Elliot S, et al: Small incision laser lift for forehead creases and glabellar furrows. Arch Otolaryngol Head Neck Surg119:632, 1993Google Scholar
- 8.Mittleman H, Apfelberg DB: Carbon dioxide laser blepharoplasty—advantages and disadvantages. Ann Plast Surg214:1, 1990Google Scholar
- 9.Morrow DM, Morrow L: CO2 laser blepharoplasty. J Dermatol Surg Oncol18:307, 1992Google Scholar
- 10.Trelles MA, Sanchez J, Sala P, et al: Surgical laser blepharoplasty. In: Proceedings of the International Congress of Lasers in Surgery and Medicine. University Nova de Lisbon, Lisbon, Portugal, June 1990Google Scholar