Measurement of the gj factor of hydrogenic ions: a sensitive test of bound state QED
- 16 Downloads
Thegj factor measurement of hydrogenic ions in the 1s ground state is with an expected accuracy of 10−7 a sensitive test of bound state QED. We expect to determine the deviations from the free electron value, caused by relativistic and radiative corrections, up to the orderα/4π(Zα)2 with an accuracy of 1%. As a first step, light ions like C5+ will be investigated. Later on, heavier hydrogenic ions up to U91+ will be examined using the accelerator facilities at GSI in Darmstadt.
KeywordsThin Film Free Electron Sensitive Test Radiative Correction Factor Measurement
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- T. Kinoshita, in:Quantum Electrodynamics, ed. T. Kinoshita (World Scientific, Singapore, 1990).Google Scholar
- H.G. Dehmelt, Rev. Mod. Phys. 62 (1990) 525.Google Scholar
- G. Breit, Nature 122 (1928) 649.Google Scholar
- H. Grotch and R.A. Hegstrom, Phys. Rev. A4 (1971) 59Google Scholar
- F.G. Walther, W.D. Phillips and D. Kleppner, Phys. Rev. Lett. 28 (1972) 1159.Google Scholar
- J.S. Tiedemann and H.G. Robinson, Phys. Rev. Lett. 39 (1977) 602Google Scholar
- C.F. Johnson and H.G. Robinson, Phys. Rev. Lett. 45 (1980) 250Google Scholar
- G. Werth, in:Atomic Physics 13, eds. H. Walther, T.W. Hänsch and B. Neizert (American Institute of Physics, 1993) p. 213.Google Scholar
- R. Neumann et al., Phys. Scripta, to be published.Google Scholar
- H.G. Dehmelt and F.L. Walls, Phys. Rev. Lett. 21 (1968) 127.Google Scholar
- P. Ekstrom and D. Wineland, Sci. Am. 243 (1980) 90.Google Scholar