Packed column supercritical fluid chromatography with FID: Investigation of products from copper-catalyzed conjugate additions of trimethylaluminium to α, β-unsaturated aldehydes
A method for the process control of conjugate addition reactions by packed column SFC has been developed. The lack of chromophores in some product components makes the use of FID obligatory. Polar compounds were eluted with FID-compatible, aqueous formic acid as mobile phase modifier at 100°C.
Key WordsSupercritical fluid chromatography Aqueous formic acid modifier Flame ionization detection Process control Copper catalyzed conjugate additions
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- Ch. E. Kientz, U. A. Th. Brinkman, TrAC, Vol.12, No. 12, 363 (1993).Google Scholar
- A. L. Blilie, T. Greibrokk, Anal. Chem.57, 2239 (1985).Google Scholar
- J. M. Levy, W. H. Richey, J. of HRC Chromatogr. Commun.8, 503 (1984).Google Scholar
- K. A. Evelein, R. G. Moore, R. A. Heidemann, Ind. Eng. Chem., Process Des. Dev.15, 423 (1976).Google Scholar
- J. E. France, J. M. Snyder, J. W. King, J. Chromatogr.540, 271 (1991).Google Scholar
- F. O. Geiser, S. G. Hocklovich, S. M. Lurcott, J. W. Guthrie, E. J. Levy, J. Chromatogr.459, 173 (1988).Google Scholar
- H. W. Wright, R. D. Smith, J. Chromatogr.355, 367 (1986).Google Scholar
- J. W. Oudsema, C. F. Poole, J. of HRC16, 130 (1993).Google Scholar
- J. Kabbara, S. Flemming, K. Nickisch, H. Neh, J. Westermann, Synlett, submitted for publication.Google Scholar