Gas chromatographic determination of serum bile acids — Application of a novel extraction procedure
- 13 Downloads
The profile of serum bile acids is a result of their liver metabolism and enterohepatic circulation.
In the present work size exclusion chromatography is used for extraction of serum bile acids to optimize the methodology for analyzing serum bile acids by high resolution gas chromatography.
Compared to other extraction methods like adsorption-[1–3] or reversed phase chromatography [4,5], this novel technique yielded a satisfactory recovery (75–104%) with high reproducibility. Therefore a reliable determination of serum bile acids is possible.
Key WordsCapillary gas chromatography Size-exclusion chromatography Extraction of serum bile acids
- I. Makino, J. Sjoevall, Anal. Lett.5 (6), 341 (1972)Google Scholar
- G. Karlaganis, G. Paumgartner, J. Lipid Res.19, 771 (1978).Google Scholar
- B. Alme, A. Bremmelgaard, J. Sjoevall, P. Thomassen, J. Lipid Res.18, 339 (1977).Google Scholar
- K. D. R. Setchell, J. Worthington, Clin. Chim. Acta125, 135 (1982).Google Scholar
- K. D. R. Setchell, A. M. Lawson, N. Tanida, J. Sjoevall, J. Lipid Res.24, 1085 (1983).Google Scholar
- A. M. Lawson, M. J. Madigan, D. Shortland, P. T. Clayton, Clin. Chim. Acta161, 221 (1986).Google Scholar
- S. S. Ali, N. B. Javitt, Can. J. Biochem.48, 1054 (1970).Google Scholar
- A. Fukunaga, Y. Hatta, M. Ishibashi, H. Miyazaki, J. Chromatogr.190, 339 (1980).Google Scholar