Separation of chlorophenols on a cation-exchanger in Ce(III) form
The separation of chlorophenols on Dowex 50 WX 8 200/400 mesh resin in the H+ form and in the M3+ form has been investigated using a mixture of aqueous sulphuric acid and organic modifiers (e.g. acetonitrile or isopropanol) as the eluent. It was shown that formation of Ce3+ complexes with chlorophenols is a more specific interaction than physical adsorption or phase partition. Full separation of the compounds examined was achieved by elution from a column with the resin in the Ce3+ form.
Key WordsCe(III) complexes Cation-exchanger in Ce(III) form Ion-exchange chromatography Chlorophenols
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- C. A. Edwards, Environmental Pollution by Pesticides, Plenum Press, New York, 1973, p. 503.Google Scholar
- A. C. MacRac, M. Alexander, J. Bacteriol.86, 1231 (1963).Google Scholar
- J. K. Faulkner, D. Woodcock, Nature (London)205, 865 (1964).Google Scholar
- E. W. Thomas, B. C. Loughman, R. G. Powells, Nature (London)204 (1964).Google Scholar
- E. L. Leafe, Nature (London)193, 485 (1962).Google Scholar
- W. Ivie, J. E. Casida, J. Agr. Food Chem.19, 405 (1974).Google Scholar
- D. G. Grosby, H. O. Tutass, J. Agr. Food Chem.14, 596 (1966).Google Scholar
- K. Munakata, M. Kuwachara, Residue Reviews (Springer Verlag)25, 13 (1969).Google Scholar
- J. Masłowska, W. Piętek, J. Chromatogr.201, 293 (1980).Google Scholar
- F. Postmus, L. B. Magnusson, C. A. Craig, Inorg. Chem.5, 1157 (1966).Google Scholar
- S. Fronaeus, Svensk. Kem. Tidisk64, 317 (1952).Google Scholar