Effects of pimozide and LHRH-Aa on carp (Cyprinus carpio L.) oocyte maturation and ovulationin vivo
- 72 Downloads
Effects of pimozide (Pim) and [(D-Ala6, Pro9-NEt) LHRH] (LRH-Aa) on common carp oocytes maturation and ovulationin vivo under laboratory and commercial fisheries farm conditions were investigated.
Although injections of Pim and LRH-Aa at the doses of 10 mg and 50 µg/kg body weight respectively, did not increase mGtH levels (66.7–155.8 mg/ml) as much as injections of carp pituitary extract (chh) (382.1 ng/ml), induced GtH levels were high enough to induce ovulation. Changes in the ovary caused by Pim and LRH-Aa were similar to those induced by chh, and Pim injected together with LRH-Aa in a single injection gave the same results concerning ovulation induction as when they were applied separately at 6h interval.
Keywordscarp oocytes maturation ovulation pimozide LRH-Aa
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- Bieniarz, K. 1983. Effect of some environmental factors on gonado-development in fish. Polish Agr. Ann. Series H, Fisheries 100, 3: 45–53.Google Scholar
- Billard, R., Alagarswami, K., Peter, R.W. and Breton, B. 1983. Potentialisation par le pimozide des effects du LHRH-A sur la secretion gonadotrope hypophysaire l'ovulation et le spermiation chez la carp commune (Cyprinus carpio). C.R. Hebd. Sean. Acad. Sci. Ser. III 296: 181–184.Google Scholar
- Billard, R., Reinaud, P., Plouidy, M.G. and Breton, B. 1984. Advancement and synchronization of spawning inSalmo gairdneri andS. trutta following administration of Pimozide and LHRH-A. Aquaculture (in press).Google Scholar
- Breton, B., Kann, G., Burzawa-Gerard, E. and Billard, R. 1971. Dosage radio-immunologique d'une hormone gonadotrope de carpe (Cyprinus carpio L.). C.R. Acad. Sci. Paris 272: 1515–1517.Google Scholar
- Chang, J.P. and Peter, R.E. 1983a. Effect of dopamine on gonadotropin release in female goldfish,Carassius auratus. Neuroendocrinology 36: 351–357.Google Scholar
- Chang, J.P., Peter, R.E., Nahorniak, C.S. and Sokołowska, M. 1984. Effects of catecholaminergic agonists and antagonists on serum gonadotropin concentrations and ovulation in goldfish: Evidence for specificity of dopamine inhibition of gonadotropin secretion. Gen. Comp. Endocrinol. 55: 351–360.PubMedGoogle Scholar
- Cooperative Team for Hormonal Application in Pisciculture. 1977. A new highly effective ovulating agent for fish reproduction practical application of LH-RH analogue for the induction of spawning of farm fishes. Sci. Sinica 20: 469–474.Google Scholar
- Fukien-Kiangsu-Chekiang-Shanghai Cooperative Group for Artificial Reproduction of Fresh-Water Economic Fishes. 1977. A further investigation on the stimulatory effect of a synthetic analogue of hypothalamic luteinizing hormone releasing hormone (LRH-A) on spawning in “domestic fishes”. Acta Biochim. Biophys. Sinica 9: 15–24.Google Scholar
- Jiang, R., Huang, S. and Zhao, W. 1980. Changes of serum gonadotropin levels before and behind induced spawning in grass carp and silver carp. J. Fish. China 4: 129–133.Google Scholar
- Kime, D.W. and Bieniarz, K. 1985. Gonadotrophin induced changes in steroid production by ovaries of the common carpCyprinus carpio L. around the time of ovulation. Proc Seventh Conf. Eur. Soc. Comp. Physiol. Biochem. Fish Culture. Barcelona, 1985.Google Scholar
- Lemanova, N.A. and Sakun, O.F. 1975. Metodiceskoje posobie po gormalnoj stimulacji proizvoditieley karpa pri rannom polucenii licinok. Izd. Gos. NIORCH, Leningrad, pp. 3–23.Google Scholar
- Peter, R.E. 1982. Neuroendocrine control of reproduction in teleosts. Can. J. Fish. Aquat. Sci. 39: 48–55.Google Scholar
- Peter, R.E. 1983. The brain and neurohormones in teleost reproduction.In: Fish Physiology. Vol. 9 pp. 97–135. Edited by W.S. Hoar, D.J. Randall and E.M. Donaldson. Academic Press, New York.Google Scholar
- Sokołowska, M., Peter, R.E., Nahorniak, C.S., Pan, C.H., Chang, J.P., Crim, L.W. and Weil, C. 1984. Induction of ovulation in goldfish,Carassius auratus, by pimozide and analogues of LH-RH. Aquaculture 36: 71–83.Google Scholar