Rapid separation of metal ions on hydrous zirconium oxide paper
- 15 Downloads
Hydrous zirconium oxide paper has been prepared by treating Whatman No. 1 chromatographic paper strips with 0.1 mol dm−3 zirconium oxychloride and 6% aqueous ammonia. Rf values of 28 metal ions in different aqueous solvent systems are reported. Based on the behaviour, 59 binary and/or ternary metal ion seperations of analytical and radiochemical interest have been successfully achieved. The separations are very rapid and accomplished within 20 minutes.
KeywordsOxide Ammonia Analytical Chemistry Zirconium Organic Chemistry
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- C. B. Amphlett, “Inorganic ion Exchangers” Elsevier, Amsterdam, 1964.Google Scholar
- J. A. Marinsky, “Ion Exchange” Vol. 2 (Marcel Dekker Inc. N.Y.) 1969.Google Scholar
- A. K. De andK. Chowdhury, Separation Science10 (5), 639 (1975).Google Scholar
- J. Mathew, Rajeev andS. N. Tandon, Chemia Analityczna (in press).Google Scholar
- F. Feigl, “Spot Tests in Inorganic Analysis” Elsevier, Amsterdam, 1973.Google Scholar