Quantitative determination of polyalcohols in wine and vinegar by gas chromatography
- 93 Downloads
A gas chromatographic method is described for the analysis of arabitol, mannitol, sorbitol and inositol in wine. The method is evaluated for repeatability using perseitol as internal standard. Perseitol can be added to wine before or after passing the wine through the ion-exchange column without showing significant differences in the polyalcohol content. The method is also applied to the analysis of vinegar from different substrates (wine cider and rice).
Key WordsGas chromatography Polyalcohol quantification Wine Vinegar
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- A. Bertrand, R. Pissard, Ann. Fals. Exp. Chim.,742, 571 (1976).Google Scholar
- M. O. Dubernet, A. Bertrand, P. Ribéreau-Gayon, Comptes Rendus series D 1561 (1974).Google Scholar
- R. Triquet-Pissard, in “Actualités Oenologiques et Viticoles”,P. Ribéreau-Gayon andP. Sudraud, eds., Paris (1981); p. 372.Google Scholar
- A. Olano, Am. J. Enol. Vitic.,34, 148 (1983).Google Scholar
- M. A. Amerine, H. W. Berg, W. V. Cruess,in “Technology of wine Making” Avi Pub. Co. Inc., Westport, CN (1972); p. 177.Google Scholar
- G. Valentinis, R. Mattioni, Ind. Alimen.39, 73 (1968).Google Scholar