Determination of 3-phenyl-4-hydroxy-6-chloropyridazine in groundwater using enrichment on porous organic polymers
- 23 Downloads
A method is described for the determination of 3-phenyl-4-hydroxy-6-chloropyridazine in potable water. The method is based on isolation and enrichment by passing the water sample through a column of macroreticular polymeric adsorbent resin, concentration, derivatisation with pentafluorobenzoyl chloride and GC measurement with a N-specific detector. The individual experiments for establishing the working conditions, especially the adsorption characteristics of different types of resin, are described. The highest enrichment efficiency is obtained with the methacrylate-type resin XAD7. In field-sampling experiments a 10cm column yields 57% recovery at 100mLmin−1 flow rate, 0.3 ppb concentration level and 1 L sample volume. The method is completely documented; performance data are a detection limit of 0.07 μg L−1 and a mean recovery of 75% at the 0.3 ppb level.
Key WordsGas chromatography Water analysis Macroreticular polymeric adsorbent resins Herbicides
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- A. Diskus, Österr. Chemie Zeitschr. 1983/10, 294.Google Scholar
- W. Lindner, H. Ruckendorfer, unpublished results (1981).Google Scholar
- W. Landvoigt, H. Malissa jr., K. Winsauer, Mikrochim. Acta 1982/I, 119.Google Scholar
- H. Malissa jr., W. Buchberger, E. Landgraf, K. Winsauer, Mikrochim. Acta 1984/II, 127.Google Scholar
- T. G. Kreindl, H. Malissa jr., K. Winsauer, Mikrochim. Acta 1986/I, 1.Google Scholar
- Amtsblatt der Europäischen Gemeinschaft L229/11: Richtlinie des Rates vom 15.7.1980 über die Qualität von Wasser für den menschlichen Gebrauch.Google Scholar
- US Environmental Protection Agency, Test Methods — Methods for Organic Chemical Analysis of Municipal and Industrial Waste Waters. EPA-600/4-82-057 (1982).Google Scholar