Separation of alkylnaphthalenes by preparative liquid chromatography using column switching systems
- 17 Downloads
The paper describes the separation of the mixture of alkynaphthalenes from distillation cuts of a pyrolysis oil, by preparative liquid chromatography on silica. The design of the system permits the connection of the columns to form multicolumn systems.
The samples were first separated on a single column. The mixtures were further separated using two-column chromatography systems.
The obtained fractions were analyzed by capillary gas chromatography. In most cases a substantial increase in the concentrations of the individual components was achieved. In several cases, pure compounds have been obtained. Separation efficiency increases in the following order: single column, two directly coupled collumns, two-step switching chromatography, heartcutting.
Key WordsColumn liquid chromatography Preparative scale separation Column coupling and column switching GC analysis of fractions Diaromatic hydrocarbons
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- R.E. Majors, J. Chromatogr. Sci.18, 5, (1980)Google Scholar
- C.J. Little, O. Stahel, W. Lindner, R.W. Frei, Internat. Lab.14, 26, ((March) 1984)Google Scholar
- M.C. Harvey, S.D. Stearns, Internat. Lab.12, 112, ((June) 1982)Google Scholar
- J. Kříž, M. Březina, L. Vodička, V. Moravec, E. Adamcová, Czech. Pat.231, 895 (1984)Google Scholar
- M. Březina, J. Kříž, V. Moravec, L. Vodička, Czech. Pat.265, 142 (1989)Google Scholar
- J. Kříž, L. Kubelka, M. Popl, J. Mostecky, Sb. Vys.sk.chem. technol., Praha D47, 247, (1983)Google Scholar
- E. Adamcová, Ph.D. Thesis, Inst. Chem. Technol, Prague, 1984Google Scholar
- J. Kříž, E. Adamcová, M. Břzina, L. Vodička, Sb. Vys. sk.chem.technol., Praha D55, 35, (1986)Google Scholar